Tuesday, August 18, 2009

YMCA Here we come!!!!

Well I finally broke down and signed up for the Y again. I am so glad I did. I was trying to hold out till September's Waiving of the Joiner fee but once I saw the outdoor pool... that was it!!! We took a tour around noonish and by 2:30pm we were back and swimming with lots of smiles from all... until Mom had to go to physical therapy at 3:30pm. But we were back the next day as it opened at 11am and stayed till 3:30ish and the smiles were back but with well lots of sunburn faces and bodies. That was Thursday and this is Tuesday and we are all now peeling and still a little sore. But we still swim. Just with shirts.....and smiles.... and tired children. :)

As an additional thought I went to the gym today. A real gym with lots of equipment. It has only taken me 32 years to make this brave step. I sent Andrew to the Youth Wellness Room, he was so excited. And Benjamin, James and Joseph to the Kids Zone rooms. After a few tears and threats Joesph was willing to go with James and Benjamin when in another. All were happy when I returned. It ended up being a great experience. I hope to make it to the class next time, all the fuss I missed it. But I got to "work out" in the gym for about an hour. Then of course out to the pool. Over all it was a experience.

1 comment:

  1. so have you been able to keep up the gym?? that is so awesome! It feels great, doesn't it? I think it almost does my mental health better than anything physical. But that is okay!! I have not been in awhile and need to start back up again!

    ReplyDelete